Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Welcome to DesignLUSH


Dear Readers,

A little about me... My name is Amanda Giles Picken. I am a young Interior Designer in Naples, FL specializing in high-end residential design. My personal taste is eclectic, I am not obsessed by any one period in design history. I love all history! I value eccentricity over convention.  I hate interiors whose components look like they all arrived on the same truck. I love retro fashions. I LOVE my poodle Murray. I WILL NOT leave the house without my red lipstick on. I WILL NOT leave the house without a statement necklace on. I overspend on coffee table books. My favorite author is Gabriel Garcia Marquez... I am a sucker for magical realism. When it comes to hair, the bigger the better. I live for design, art, fashion, and architecture. And finally, yes, I am a LUSH, and I’m not just referring to Saturday night’s festivities. I am a DESIGN LUSH every day of the week, recklessly and shamelessly overindulging, overspending, overanalyzing, and over-obsessing on all things DESIGN. You may already be a DESIGN LUSH yourself!! For you, and for those of you just venturing into this wondrous and teeming world, I hope this blog helps you feed your passions and interests.

I invite you to join me in my hunt for all things that inspire and invigorate! Here are a few of Design Lush’s regular columns I hope you will enjoy:
A la mode... Up to the minute trends in the design world
Color Binge... Bright ideas for color-full looks
Brand Ambassador... Professional insight into designer brands
Education in Extravagance... Be prepared to take notes, Design History 101
Book Wild!... Books worth buying for your dream library
Garden Glory... Put the neighbors to shame with these helpful tips
Life of the Party... Breath some life and drama into your home and wardrobe with eccentric conversation pieces
Designer Rehab... Make what once was old new again... furniture facelifts!
Project Penelope... For all of the DIY darlings out there
Life Coach... Sessions focusing on wisdom from the masters
Five Rules and Five Ways to Break Them... Tried and true industry standards countered with examples of reckless disregard
Find Your Religion... Philosophies of design’s most influential movements

I suppose there is nothing left to say except CHEERS!! and HAPPY READING!!








No comments:

Post a Comment